Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's NEVER too late to.... Forgive

Agh, This is a toughy but I thought it is time. I have some forgiving that needs done, I have some people in my life that I need to forgive in order for my family, myself and many people around me are able to move on a grow. I am having a tough time finding the humility to do this but I am working on it. Some people make it really hard to forgive. The person I am thinking of has hurt me, she has gossiped, lied and lost all of my trust and to ask me to just forgive her and move on is a really tough project for me. It seems especially tough because I have also said things, done things that have not been perfect and kind to her, when I got hurt by her I in turn said hurtful things and I should have been more mature and more loving than that. My grudge against her has become to effect others and that is not fair.
So anyway, this will be a process, a challenge and a true growing experience for me, it will take much humility on my part and also I have to remember that she does not have to change in order for me to forgive her and she does not have to ask for it I just have to do it. NOT EASY but I do know it will be worth it!
" Of you it is required to forgive all men." D&C 64:10
" Forgiveness frees the soul. give people a chance to start over, even if they haven't asked for it. You will be surprised at how good it feels to be free of the burden of a grudge."

KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment